Auto dialers are a valuable tool for call centers of all sizes. They can help you reach more customers, improve your answer rate, and save time and money.
There are a number of different auto dialer solutions available, including both commercial and open source options. Open-source auto-dialers offer a number of advantages, including:
- Free or low-cost: Open-source software is typically free or very low-cost, which can save you a significant amount of money.
- Flexibility: Open source software is more flexible than commercial software, which gives you more control over the features and functionality of your autodialer.
- Customization: You can customize open source auto dialers to meet the specific needs of your call center.
Types of Open Source Auto Dialers
There are two main types of open source auto dialers: predictive dialers and adaptive dialers.
- Predictive dialers: Predictive dialers work by predicting how long an agent will take to complete a call. They then dial more numbers than there are agents available so that when an agent is free, they can immediately connect with a customer.
- Adaptive dialers: Adaptive dialers are more conservative than predictive dialers. They start by dialing fewer numbers than there are agents available, and then gradually increase the number of numbers they dial as they get a better understanding of how long calls are taking.
Choosing the Right Open Source Auto Dialer
There are a number of factors to consider when choosing an open-source autodialer, including:
- The size of your call center: If you have a small call center, you may not need all of the features of a large-scale autodialer.
- The features you need: Make sure the auto dialer you choose has the features you need, such as predictive or adaptive dialing, call recording, and call analytics.
- Your budget: Open-source auto dialers can range in price from free to a few hundred dollars.
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start to narrow down your options. Here are a few of the best open source auto-dialers:
- OSDial: OSDial is a full-featured auto dialer that is based on the Asterisk telephony platform. It is free to use, but there are also paid support and hosting options available.
- Newfies-Dialer: Newfies-Dialer is a free and open-source voice broadcast application that can be used as a predictive dialer. It is based on the FreeSWITCH telephony engine.
- Callhippo: Callhippo is a simple and easy-to-use auto dialer that is designed for small businesses. It is free to use, but there are also paid plans available that offer additional features.
- DialerHQ: DialerHQ is a powerful and feature-rich auto-dialer that is designed for businesses of all sizes. It is not free, but it offers a free trial so you can try it before you buy it.
Open-source auto-dialers are a great way to improve your call center’s efficiency and productivity. They offer a number of advantages over commercial auto dialers, including free or low-cost pricing, flexibility, and customization.
If you’re looking for an open-source autodialer, I recommend checking out OSDial, Newfies-Dialer, Callhippo, or DialerHQ. These are all well-respected and reliable solutions that can help you reach more customers and improve your call center’s performance.