An auto dialer is a software application that automatically dials phone numbers and connects them to agents. Auto dialers can be used for a variety of purposes, such as outbound marketing, customer service, and lead generation.
There are two main types of auto dialers: predictive dialers and preview dialers. Predictive dialers dial numbers as soon as they become available, while preview dialers allow agents to preview the contact information before the call is connected.
Open source auto dialers are software applications that are released under an open source license. This means that the source code is freely available for anyone to use, modify, and redistribute.
There are a number of benefits to using open source auto dialers:
- Cost-effective: Open source auto dialers are typically much more affordable than commercial auto dialers. This is because the software is free to download and use, and there are no recurring licensing fees.
- Flexibility: Open source auto dialers are highly flexible and can be customized to meet the specific needs of your business. This is because the source code is available for you to modify.
- Scalability: Open source auto dialers are scalable, so you can easily add more agents or phone numbers as your business grows.
- Community support: There is a large community of users and developers who support open source auto dialers. This means that you can get help and support if you need it.
Suppose you are looking for a cost-effective and flexible way to improve your call center’s efficiency and productivity. In that case, an open source auto dialer is a good option to consider.
Here are some of the most popular open source auto dialers:
- OSDial: OSDial is a full-featured predictive dialer that is written in PHP. It is easy to use and configure, and it offers a wide range of features, including call recording, lead management, and reporting.
- GOautodial: GOautodial is an open source omni-channel contact center solution that includes an auto dialer. It is written in Java and is available as a cloud-based or on-premises solution. GOautodial offers a wide range of features, including call recording, IVR, and integration with CRM systems.
- FreeSWITCH: FreeSWITCH is a free and open source telephony platform that can be used to build an auto dialer. It is a powerful and flexible platform, but it can be complex to set up and configure.
- Newfies-Dialer: Newfies-Dialer is a free and open source voice broadcast application that can be used as a predictive dialer. It is easy to use and configure, and it offers a number of features, including call recording and IVR.
When choosing an open source auto dialer, it is important to consider your specific needs and requirements. Some factors to consider include the number of agents you have, the features you need, and your budget.
If you are not sure which open source auto dialer is right for you, then you can consult with a consultant or a developer. They can help you assess your needs and choose the best solution for your business.
I hope this article has helped you learn more about open source auto dialers. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.